The precedent of “skipping interest rate hikes” – will the RBA repeat the same trick?
ECB President Christine Lagarde: We will probably stop the full reinvestment of the asset purchase program. The U.S. ISM non-manufacturing index fell to 50.3 in May, a new low in 2023, and business activity and orders fell, and the price payment index hit a three-year low. The monthly rate of PPI in the euro zone […]
US dollar long and short funds are entering the market at the same time. Is it possible to maintain this trend this week?
The U.S. President signed the debt ceiling bill, temporarily avoiding the U.S. government from defaulting on its debt. The bill suspends the debt ceiling until early 2025 and places spending limits in fiscal years 2024 and 2025. The “Fed Microphone” stated that the non-agricultural report did not resolve the interest rate dispute within the Federal […]
The expectation of raising interest rates was abandoned. Can the non-farm payrolls tonight support this expectation?
1. Latest Developments on the US Debt Ceiling Issue Members of both parties in the US House of Representatives jointly passed the debt ceiling bill with 314 votes in favor and 117 votes against, and the bill will then be submitted to the Senate. US Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said he is optimistic that […]
Why is the US dollar still strong despite the reversal of interest rate hike expectations in June?
1. The latest progress on the US debt ceiling issue A procedural vote on a bill to suspend the US debt ceiling has received enough votes in the House of Representatives that voting continues. The Senate’s No. 2 Republican, John Thune, said on Wednesday the Senate was on track to pass the bill by Friday […]
The U.S. and Japan were frightened by the emergency meeting by nearly 100 points. Intervention may have to wait until this level?
Debt ceiling bill – A key Republican member of the House rules committee will support the bill, the vote may be advanced, some lawmakers have submitted amendments, and the Treasury Department cash is back to $54.5 billion. US Republican Congressman McHenry and Democratic Congressman Bovle both said that there will be enough votes to support […]
Is there limited room for the market to continue pricing? Be wary of this situation in non-agricultural
Biden and House Speaker McCarthy are each stepping up their party lobbying for a debt-ceiling agreement, both expressing optimism about the prospects, and moderate and pragmatic heavyweights from both parties have also made initial supportive statements, but as of Monday local time At noon, House Minority Leader Jeffreys had yet to express public support for […]
Yen bears have made a big move, this week’s non-farm payrolls will be another test for the dollar
1. U.S. Debt Ceiling Issue UpdateThe White House and Republican negotiators have reached a tentative agreement on raising the U.S. debt ceiling, which is expected to be released on Monday morning Beijing time, voted in the House of Representatives on Wednesday, and the Senate on Friday or over the weekend. Biden said he was confident […]
The yen’s weakness remains unchanged, can inflation data help the dollar again?
1. Progress on the US debt ceiling issueAccording to people familiar with the matter, a stripped-down version of the U.S. debt ceiling agreement has taken shape, with the gap between the two sides’ discretionary spending proposals less than $70 billion, and Republicans willing to make concessions on defense spending. McCarthy said Thursday’s failure to reach […]
Fitch issued a risk warning, and dollar liquidity may have this impact
1. Fed minutes highlight internal divisionsThe minutes of the Fed meeting showed that officials were divided on the pause in raising interest rates in June, with some participants saying that further policy tightening may be needed at the next meeting. Officials agreed that inflation was too high and falling more slowly than expected, stressing that […]
The strong dollar is still a “stumbling block”, and the minutes of the meeting may point to this turning point?
1. Related to the US debt ceiling issueOn Tuesday, U.S. House of Representatives Speaker McCarthy said a deal had not yet been reached, but believed a deal could still be reached by June 1. The two sides are understood to still have major disagreements over spending, with no talks currently scheduled.On Tuesday local time, Federal […]