AVAX (Avalanche) is one crypto token you can buy from Coinbase. The current value of AVAX as of May 2022 is around $33. AVAX has the market cap of $9.0B, and it has the typical hold time of 38 days. With AVAX coin, you can expect it to spike in price around this year, so it will be an excellent investment for your crypto portfolio.
Avalanche is the token based on the Ethereum decentralized apps, and by using the Ethereum ecosystem as its basis, you can use AVAX for various purposes, including trading, savings, lending, and NFTs. Purchasing AVAX from Coinbase doesn’t mean that you can’t move it to other wallets. This guide will help you answer the question, “Can I send AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask?”
It’s Possible to Send AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask
Coinbase is one of the exchange platforms where you can buy AVAX tokens, and yes, it’s possible to send AVAX from your Coinbase wallet to your MetaMask wallet. The process is quite simple. However, you will need to make Avalanche Network available on your MetaMask wallet before initiating the transaction process. Without doing this, the transaction process might become quite complicated for you.
Also, it’s best for you to transfer the AVAX tokens on a small amount if this is the first time you are doing this transaction. This can confirm the success of your transaction before you move the whole of your AVAX tokens to your MetaMask wallet.
Important Information You Need to Add on Your MetaMask Wallet before Sending AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask
So, sending AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask is easy. But you have to create new information on your MetaMask wallet before you can send your AVAX tokens there. You need to add the information about Avalanche Network on your MetaMask wallet before you can send your AVAX tokens. Here is some important information you need to add on your MetaMask wallet before sending your AVAX tokens there:
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- Currency Symbol: AVAX
- Chain ID: ‘0xa86a’ or 43114
- Block Explorer URL: https://cchain.explorer.avax.network/
Steps to Send AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask
You can now send your AVAX tokens to your MetaMask wallet after setting up your MetaMask wallet with the Avalanche Network configuration. Here are the steps you need to follow to send AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask:
- First, you need to log into your MetaMask wallet using your usual login information, and then click on “Account”. After that, find information about the Avalanche Network you just created and click on copy the receiving address for AVAX.
- Next, you will need to log into your Coinbase account using your usual login information, and then you will need to navigate to the Send / Receive page. You can find the AVAX tokens you already purchased on this page.
- Select the AVAX tokens you have on Coinbase and select “Send”. Follow the on-screen instructions there to proceed.
- The last step you need to do is to copy the AVAX receiving address from your MetaMask Wallet and then click to confirm the transaction. Be sure to double check the receiving address before you confirm the transaction to avoid sending it to the wrong wallet.
Note: Double checking the AVAX receiving address is important to avoid losing all your AVAX tokens during the transactions. It’s also best for you to send the AVAX tokens in a small amount if you are transferring your AVAX tokens from Coinbase to MetaMask for the first time.
What to Do After Sending Your AVAX Coinbase to MetaMask?
After sending your AVAX tokens to your MetaMask wallet, you need to check your MetaMask wallet to see if your transaction is a success. You can see your AVAX tokens on your MetaMask wallet if you have a successful transaction. Then, you can use the tokens in any way you want from your MetaMask wallet account.
With MetaMask, you will get complete control over your crypto assets, as you won’t tie it to any exchange platforms, such as Coinbase or Binance. The funds you have on MetaMask will stay with you forever. You can also tie your wallet with your device if you are using MetaMask, so hackers have a harder time hacking your crypto wallet.
Be sure not to share your MetaMask login details with anyone to keep your crypto assets safe on MetaMask. You are the one responsible for the safety of your crypto assets.
Can I send AVAX from Coinbase to MetaMask? The answer is yes, you can. You have learned the best way to send your AVAX tokens from Coinbase to MetaMask. Now, you can access your AVAX tokens on your MetaMask Wallet anytime you want. MetaMask also supports the storing of various other crypto assets, so you can also transfer your other crypto assets to your MetaMask wallet from various crypto exchange platforms.